SM2SM Run is running on its ninth year as it unfolds four race categories: 4K, 8K, 12K and 21K to be held on February 17, 2019 (Sunday) at the North Open Parking Area, SM City Cebu. The proceeds of the annual fun run go to the Street Children of Cebu Foundation headed by Councilor Margot Osmeña and to the Cebu Press Center‘s further renovation and its future Resource Center to help provide jobseekers in terms of facilities like internet connection and computers.
SM2SM Run Year 9 is expecting six thousand runners this year, both professional and running enthusiasts. “We are expecting Mary Joy Tabal to join and the members of the Philippine team and one of our top local runners, John Philip Dueñas,” said SM2SM Run 9 Race Director Mr. Joel Baring.
- Registration is on-going until February 10, 2019 at the 2nd level, NorthWing Atrium near Flawless
- PWDs will only pay Php100 in all run categories.
- Students should present their student ID to avail the Php100 discount in all categories
- A group of 10 registrants who will register in the same category can avail of 1 FREE registration.
- For 21K and 12K age categories, please present 1 photocopy of any government-issued ID’s.
- You may claim your race kit upon registration.
- RACE KIT includes singlet, race bib, race map, and timing chip for (12K and 21K only).
- Each runner will be provided with breakfast meal, lootbag and a chance to win the raffle draw.
- Medals and timing chips are for 12K and 21K runners only.
- A no return – no exchange policy shall be enforced.
- No replacement for any lost singlet, race bib and timing chip.
- Strictly no upgrading and no downgrading of race categories.
- Race bibs and timing chips are non-transferable.
- Falsified documents is subject for disqualification for 21K and 12K runners.
- For runners below 18 years old, underage runners are required to fill up the parental consent form with attached valid ID for parent/guardian and NSO Birth Certificate for minor.
This year’s race route will include the Mabolo area, Banilad, University of San Carlos Talamban Campus, Lahug area, University of the Philippines, Provincial Capitol, Fuente Osmeña rotunda, Plaza Independencia, and Sergio Osmeña Boulevard. “There will be water, fruit, chocolate, and energy drink stations. And there’s no time limit for this run, just a friendly run,” said Mr. Joel Baring, Race Director of SM2SM Run 9.
BIG PRIZES IN STORE FOR THE RUNNERS
- Nine (9) international package tours
- Nine (9) units of Samsung Note 9
- Nine (9) Samsung 32″ LED TV’s
OTHER MINOR PRIZES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
SM2SM RUN: AFTER NINE YEARS
Ms. Marissa N. Fernan, VP SM Prime Holdings, Inc. takes pride and joy in the charitable fun run as she shared to the media and bloggers of how SM City Cebu’s big event have helped nurture young & older runners and the running community in Cebu, as well.
“The SM2SM Run has grown for nine years and we hope that it will grow into something bigger than just a fun run. We hope that we are able to cultivate more runners and we are able to nurture possible Olympic runners the way Mary Joy Tabal is now aiming for the Tokyo Olympics. We take pride in knowing that something we have done is a seed that grows into something bigger — the little seeds that we sow hopefully can nurture a bigger tree, a bigger athlete, a more successful athlete from the City of Cebu,” added Ms. Fernan.
SM2SM RUN 9: A WHOLE NEW PERSPECTIVE
SM2SM Run started out as an avenue for people to have fun — the kind that doesn’t limit only in the four corners of their malls but it extends to appreciating the beautiful parts of Cebu City especially those parts people don’t normally see. That’s why the city route is a blessing because it’s one way to help people be awakened of the places and things that they take for granted.
With hopes that the thousands of runners who’ll be joining the fun run or even just a few will be sparked by something new and look into another dimension for them not to lose sight of how beautiful the city is — then that’s another purpose for SM2SM Run.
Join the fun on February 17 🙂
Win TWO 4K SM2SM Run race kits for you and your running buddy!
Contest deadline: January 14, 2019 (Monday), 9PM
The winner will be announced on Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 12 noon.
Click the photo on how to join the giveaway contest
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER, NADINE PERAS! 🙂
A former educator and now working as a freelance writer. Simply living her own version of life’s passion – music, mobile photography, story telling, road trips and food trailing! 🙂