On the 120th Anniversary of the Battle of Tres de Abril, Palm Grass, The Cebu Heritage Hotel will celebrate its 1st Grand Opening Anniversary with “SAYAW, SINGGIT, SAULOG SA UNANG TUIG SA PALM GRASS”.
The celebration on April 3, 2018, 3pm-9pm will be at the hotel lobby, at the function hall Hawanan Tres de Abril and restaurant Kapihan ni Lumaya.
As the only heritage hotel in Cebu, Palm Grass named its different areas, floors, suite rooms, signature dishes and drinks to celebrate and pay tribute to the legacy and sacrifices of the 2,500 Cebuano Katipuneros who fought in the 1898 Cebu Revolution/Battle of Tres de Abril led by Leon Kilat 120 years ago.
The main event of the celebration to be participated in by youth groups is Sayaw, Singgit sa Tres de Abril (Cheer Chant Contest 2018).
CHEER CHANT CONTEST MECHANICS
- Entry has a minimum of 10 or a maximum of 20 participants.
- The length of the presentation is between 3- 5 minutes.
- Chant must be in Cebuano.
- Entry should be creative, with the theme of celebrating the 120th Year of the Tres de Abril Uprising.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EVENT
- Horseback riders dressed as Katipuneros ride from Colon Bridge to Palm Grass. The Colon Bridge or Puente dela Revoluccion was the place where the Spaniards retreated 120 years ago.
- Arnis Demonstration (native martial arts used by Katipuneros) by Cacoy Doce Pares
- Leon Kilat book presentation to his descendants
- Release of the Video Interview of Leon Kilat book author Emil Justimbaste by Video Creator Prospero Laput (Asia Pacific Focus Features of Hong Kong), assisted by University of the Philippines- Cebu and University of San Carlos students
Dinner Buffet with lechon and Cebuano dishes will be available for only P369.00 per person and P120.00 discount will be given to the first 10 customers/guests.